AFRO BEACH RAVE PARTY 1



Play play girl

By Ogbonnaya Amarachi

Easter Monday was fun for I and my girlfriend, Patience. We arrived way before time for Afro Beach Rave party and then decided to hangout at Oniru beach close by. The fun was explosive, I will write about the party in my next post. This post is solely for our adventure at the beach, the party started by 4pm, what happened before 4pm, join me and find out.


selfie gang
This is me and my girl, Patience whiling away time at the Oniru beach before the party, we got there super early as we didn't want to miss out on all the fun; before and after(if you know, you know). You see, Oniru beach is a nice place. Did you know that Landmark event center and Towers is owned by the Oniru family in Lagos state? Well, now you do, big money spenders you know.

While chilling at the beach, we met several characters; the PDAs (Public Display of Affection) couples, the, "All Girls Squad" (like us) who just came to have fun, the dangerous surfer, (the white man who was surfing with a parachute, he wasn't bothered about the Lagos crowd of onlookers who gathered to watch him in awe, I was so ashamed of my people, starring and pointing fingers, (hay God!), families who came to enjoy nature at the beach, etc



Something really interesting happened at the beach and being a curious reporter with a sharp eye for news, I was quick to witness it all. So two ladies like us were taking selfies and laughing at each other's jokes (they weren't lesbians o my kontri people.) beside us and when they were done, left where they sat with us and went towards the other side of the beach. Suddenly, the guy beside us stood up like he was going the opposition direction, (now let me tell y'all a little somfin' somfin' about him, he was dressed on a tee and jeans with a car key in hand) I was  just observing the scenario, the guy was starring at the ladies and smiling like a little boy who has just been handed his first lollipop, (if you know, you know). Amebo like me, I was trailing behind them and minding my business (yeah, they were my business), one of the ladies was smiling at him and looking back at him, sort of  encouraging him in the pursuit, they all seemed to be having fun in all of these, nobody saying anything just smiling, looking and walking close to each other. The ladies eventually got tired and sat down somewhere ... (wait for it... ka booooom!!!) The guy walked over to the friend who was uninterested and said hi. (I didn't hesperit, like for real? for real?, the main lady's encouraging advances gon be wasted? just like that?, I almost slapped the huncle's head, like dudeeeeee, who does that? but... I had to respeck my old age ).
He started talking to her and at the end, we(I and the ladies) just concluded that "huncle issa driver or houseboy", ok let me break it down for you. The conversation went somewhat  like this:

BOY: Hi (while smiling)

GIRL 2: (Taken aback) Hello (I'm sure in her mind, she be like, escuse me, eesit me?)

BOY: (In pidgin) I don dey look you since from where I been siddon before, you come enjoy for beach?

(Me, in my corner, removes speck, adonbelivit)

GIRL 2: Yes, I came with my friend (drawing her friend closer as if to say, toast her, not me)

BOY: My name is Jack Don

GIRL 2: Huh. well my name is  Laura (not real name)

BOY: What do you do?

GIRL 2: I am a student. What do you do?

BOY : (hesitates) I am a business man

GIRL 2: What kinda business do you do?

BOY: I don't like telling people, I might lie to you.

Me: (ear stands like an antenna, somebody call SARS, we have yahoo yahoo boy on the loose)

GIRL 2: Why are you hiding what you sell? (changes topic to make him feel at ease) So, you stay around here? Where are you from?

BOY: I dey stay for Lekki , I come from  Akwa Ibom state, I just come Lagos from Abuja 

GIRL 2: Really? where in Abuja?

BOY: I no stay there for long, go see my friend from Mgbuoba, Portharcourt.

GIRL 2: Ok

BOY: Na me and my friend been come here together o, na him e see babe come follow am,leave me for here wey him no say I no sabi Lagos E follow the foolish girl commot. (At this point the girl's face had changed, me, with my antenna ear and sunglasses on.. .)

GIRL 2: You are calling a woman foolish, that is so wrong and have a good day.

Me (Issa feminist, while huncle issa malenist, a malenist is  a man who doesn't respect women, I invented the word myself)

BOY: No na, no be you, you no foolish, give me your number abeg.

GIRL 1: (In a low voice, but not low enough for me to hear) houseboy oshi.

So, with my spy mission over, I hurried off to meet my friend and together, went towards the water, that's when drama number two happened...

Drama two in next post... stayed tuned for the Afro Beach Rave story. Stay safe my people.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts