MY WEEKEND WENT SKRRRRRRAAAAA. pt 3


By Ogbonnaya Amarachi

So, I was sent an E-invite for the private screening of Pacific Rim; The Uprising with Nigerian-British born star actor, John Boyega who was in Nigeria during the weekend for it and masterclass which preceded it organized by Accelerate TV and anchored by ace producer, our own King Woman, Kemi Adetiba at Film house, IMAX, Lekki Phase one on Sunday, eight of April, twenty eighteen by three pm. Prolific producer, Kunle Afolayan, Deyemi Okanlawon and others were there live.






I wish I could say my day went well following this huge invite, but oh no, the devil had to rear his ugly head;

First of, I left the house by three pm, when it was supposed to start, and guess what? my village people had gone ahead of me and blocked the road in form of traffic, from Iyana-iba up to Alakija, there was no movement, we were there for about two hours plus, if I had taken Uber, I wonder how much my bills would have come to, infarct, I don't want to imagine  it.

When the traffic ties wrapper

When I got to mile two, part two of frustration was waiting for me, I boarded a vehicle going to Lekki, Ajah, VI route and this aboki with smelly body decided to rest his hands on me, blood of Jesus! I was going to explode when I realized the reason for that, the vehicle was jampacked with human bodies, so no space for anything, I couldn't even play with my phone, take pictures of events or do anything with it, it was frustrating. No offence, but I wonder why a lot of Hausa people I come in contact with have serious body odors, is there like a rule on  that?, the nature of their jobs, or a way of life? I just don't get it.

Moving on, there was an accident at the Orile-Iganmu bridge between two trailers and it was heavy, one fell off the bridge, the other two climbed each other, it was a gory sight, their drivers, nowhere to be seen. I couldn't move my phone to get a picture.
Anyways, we got to Lekki Phase one and I alighted, I couldn't locate IMAX, it was frustrating, I kept passing the toll gate and back, if I was mobile, I can imagine how much I would have paid back and forth for those rides, pheeeeeew, please do not laugh at me, I do not stay on the Island and the google map I used deceived me, plus those keke men are just terrible, they kept taking me to the Palms, funny thing was they collected money o. (twice sha).
Anyway, I finally got the venue right and by the rime I got there, they had already finished, I couldn't even cry, yey, my village people finally got me o, I'm sure they would have been singing, 'Issa our work o, ah, soft work.'' To make it worse, my battery went flat because I wasn't able to charge it and I couldn't even take pictures of myself, I was looking damn goooooooood, nor with any of the celebrities. Well, I still had fun with me networking with fellow celebrities (beef me not).

Rico Swarvey has been evicted from the Big Brother Naija reality show people, like how? They didnt see Miracle????

And that was how my weekend went, I got home tired and kinda happy.

Comments

Popular Posts