#throwback: THAT TIME I TOLD SOMEONE MY NAME WAS ANGEL


By Ogbonnaya Amarachi

Its throwback Thursday and going through my archive of past experience, I remembered my secondary school story.

So, one of the big girls in my class then in SS 3 invited some of us out to go on a date with her new toaster then and in her words, the guy was loaded with cash and she wanted to "chop" him.


yassssss

I was very happy, do you know what it was like to be invited on a date with the big girls in school then? I was on cloud nine, even eleven sef, I was so skinny in secondary school that it was hard to notice me.




After school, we all cat walked to the restaurant, it was directly opposite my school, so it was easy to catwalk or in my own case, dog walk inside (all seven of us). While inside, squad madam warned us not to use our real names, we all had to tell him fake names.



Ah, I went blank, while everyone was busy swaggerizing their names, using soap opera character names and personalizing them, hmm, at that time, "When you are mine," "Gardener's daughter," "Second Chance," "Catalina and Sebastian" was in vogue and their names were been converted among my ''gbo gbo bigz girl friends.''

me

Uncle finally arrived and introductions were going round, Telemundo names were flying left, right and center around me, yours truly was still as blank as white paper, ghen ghen... uncle stopped in front of me with outstretched hand, I died and went to spy heaven to ask for help, I must have seen an angel because the next thing was...





ME: (with renewed confidence) My name is Angel...

UNCLE: Huh, I'm sorry...

ME: I mean Angela (praying for the ground to open and swallow me, )

OTHERS (In amusement, murmurs from them) Angel!!!

huh?

Well we quickly got over the shock, got our orders and started gisting about random things.

You would think it will end there, for where? your guess is as good as mine... nope.

Next morning, I got to the assembly ground and voila.... My name is on everybody's lips, "Angel."
I have died and woken up several times after that.



Enjoy your day fam!

Comments

Popular Posts