LET'S TALK ABOUT MARRIAGE




How ready are you for marriage?

By Ogbonnaya Amarachi.

Hi guys, so my dad is sad that the wife of a distant cousin married him without a job and they can't feed now and I pointed out that maybe her parents  pressurized her to get married that's why she didn't look before she married a jobless man.

That brings me to the question; who is to blame for a bad marriage? the lady?, her parents?, the husband who deceived her into marriage? can a man actually deceive a woman into marrying him? are the signs not there?

The pressure to get married is so real (thank God my parents are not like that else I would have left the house in frustration). Many ladies are rushed into marriages that they know little or nothing about thereby bringing grief and pain to their self esteems and at the end of the day divorce is on the increase.

Another question I like to ask is who is to blame for the increase in divorce? parents? society? the couple? who? just who?. If as an individual you haven't discovered yourself, I'd say don't get married, don't make another person suffer for your ineptitude, if you haven't grown to take your own decisions yourself, I'd say don't get married, ladies work for your own money, that way you aren't taken for granted by wicked and selfish husbands.

Finally, you cant know a man well enough, I'd suggest you go to God in prayer, the one who knows everyone inside out, that way you are guided. Marriage is a lifetime decision to be bound by the wrong person for life, don't commit if you aren't ready, don't allow people who wont take the heat for you force you to go into it unprepared. I'd like to ask a question, how ready are you?


You can use the comment section to share your thoughts, lets learn from each other.

Comments

Popular Posts