I HAVE AN INTERESTING GIST





Written by Amarachi Ogbonnaya

My people I have come with gist, its not every time one has to be serious abeg.

So, I was on my own, minding my business (for where?), when I heard noises somewhere in my street, being a classified gbegborun, I ran out to check:

Gist has it that a certain woman gave her tailor a dress to sew for her and she would get it the following week. During the weekend, the tailor, Iya Sulifat, having sewed the dress, wore it to a wedding ceremony (owanbe tinz). You know when devil wants to purnish somebody, unexpected drama happens. Turns out, the said customer was also in attendance and saw her dress on her tailor, the drama that ensued no be here o:

Customer: (cleans eyes) Iya Sulifat no be my cloth be that?
Tailor: (tries to dodge)

Customer: no be you I dey ask something?
Tailor: no o, i get that type na

Customer: (checks cloth) but na my material be this, even the style wey I give you to sew
Tailor: (fidgeting, tries to escape) I don dey go, make I hury go give another customer him cloth

Customer: (spots a mark on the material that shows its hers, gets really angry and starts screaming) ah ah, Iya, why you dey lie? this mark na when I been buy am, the thing stain am, as I no wash am, na him still dey there so. So naso you dey do, you go sew customer cloth come wear am? oya, pull my cloth shekia 

Tailor: ahhhhhhh customer abeg no open my yansh for public, no disgrace me for hia ejo, na my cousin aunty sister brother in law wedding be this, I know effreybody for hia ejo. 

That's how they kept dragging till they got to her shop by which time, they had succeeded in gathering a very curious crowd from the wedding to her shop. (Laughing in Igbo, Yoruba and Efik)

Chai, made me remember the gist abut the girl who borrowed her roommate's dress and went to slim fit it, lol.

My Woman Crush Wednesday goes to Iya Sulifat who made my Weekend very interesting and to all the tailors who do this, I would say,wehdone mas.

Comments

Popular Posts