TIPS ON HOW TO GATECRASH A LAGOS PARRY

Photo credit: Google.com
Written by Amarachi Ogbonnaya.

I just officially gatecrashed a wedding today. Since I was born in Lagos, I have never done that, in fact, if you don't invite me, I don't go, that has always been my philosophy, until... Well, today. So, plix I have officially become a real Lagosian, it is a rite of passage that if you have t passed, I will advise you to do so as soon as possible.

I went to see a client and the office happens to be in an event Centre, there was an enaggenagagement ceremony going on there and after plenty talk and getting caught up in Lagos traffic, I decided to chill there and watch and learn and relax.

FAM, I entered the hall like I knew everyone there, the ushers even greeted me, if only they knew...

I ate like I paid for the food and drank like I contributed, assorted chicken and drinks with rice, Haaaaaaa, some of the weddings I attended in the past sef didn't serve me like this. Well, now you know, does it sound like you want to try or you've been attending but didn't get this type of treatment? Oya calm down and jot these down:

Tip 1: Enter like you are from the bride's family or you know her, with confidence, if there are bouncers at the door, do not smile, I repeat, DO NOT SMILE, families of the couple do not smile.

Tip 2: make sure you are gaily dressed if its a weekend, or at least beautiful if its a weekday, at least you went to work, that would be their reasoning πŸ˜€

Tip 3: Locate a bubbling area of the hall and sit down comfortably, after all, you know somebody that know somebody that.... You know?

Tip 4: Do not be quiet o, if the food servers are coming, signal them like a proper guest would, in my own case I didn't have to, they came to meπŸ˜€, power πŸ˜€.

Tip 5: Dance very well even when no one is dancing, aren't you the bride's long lost cousin? You carried her when she was small or if she is your mate, y'all played together, innit?

Tip 6: Mingle with those in your table, you never know where bae is seating πŸ™Œ

The Alaga of this ceremony deserves an award, she is the real MVP, I almost went to collect her card, you know, just in case, bae is a Yoruba demon, even though I am not Yoruba, that Tolulope girl made serious money, alaga made sure of that. Ah Tolu can dance o, Tolu danced like she single handedly paid for everything.

Las las, I had to leave before I will sleep in traffic because of Tolulope and Teju's wedding, the alaga made sure I remembered their names. I am looking for more weddings to gatecrash, where is it happening o????

Tell us your own gatecrashing experience in the comment section, mama wakanda would love to hear it πŸ˜€.

Happy weekend l

Comments

Popular Posts