THE SAILOR WHO BECAME A BLOGGER


Written by Amarachi Ogbonnaya.

Have you ever thought of sailing on the beach? #singing, I want to be a sailor sailing down the sea, I want to be a sailor going round the world... that was the song that came to mind.

Let me tell you a story (you people sha like story), I saw a movie one time, its about a young sailor and how he kept sailing round the world and having adventures whilst at it,I told myself,I wee be a sailor when I grew up, some thing, something years later,I ended as a blogger, see life? If you do not want to be like me, you better attend this event; Lagos All Sail, the first-of-its-kind boat racing championship which is a unique blend of tourism, adventure and empowerment., from  the 13-15th of December, 2018 at the Bics jetty, Lekki phase one.

Come and enjoy yourself for three days sailing and dancing the Lagos way. Its free, all you have to do is register, either as a participant or a competitor, log on to www.lagosallsail.org.

 Proudly brought to you by the Father's House Foundation and endorsed by the Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

The event will have the likes of DJ cuppy, Frank edoho of who wants to be a millionaire, Ali Baba, Timi Dakolo, Nancy Isime and others, miss it, miss out. Dont wait to be told about it.

Yours truly will also be there, (me, I wee kuku wear my swimming trunk and be bathing there), you wanna see me do that? Be there.

The competition routes will be: Take off point BICS Jetty, Lekki Phase 1, to Bonny Camp, from Bonny Camp to Eko Atlantic, turn around a docked Boat at the front of Eko Atlantic, babk to Marina, then onward to Eko Bridge, from there to Third Mainland bridge.
From Third Mainland bridge to Osborne Foreshore, then Orange Island, onward to Bay Lounge/Sailors Lounge and back to the finish line at Ikoyi/Lekki Bridge.
The event will attract top dignitaries within and outside Nigeria, the highlight of which will be the guest appearance of the immitable, Shirley Robertson, anchor of the famous water sports dedicated programme on Cable News Network (CNN) MAINSAIL.


Category 1: King of the Sea; The winning price is 500k with trophy and bragging right for a year.
Class of boat competing in this category: The Cruisers.

​Category 2: The Queen of the sea; The winning price is, 400k with trophy and the bragging right for a year.
Class of boat competing in this category: The Formula 1 boats


Category 3: The Prince of the sea; The winning price is 300k with trophy and bragging right for a year.




Comments

Popular Posts